Growth Projects for April – work on these from April 2 to May 7 (until our next large group session). Session Handout.
Head: KNOW JESUS, HIS PERSON AND WORK
- Read Scripture – John 1:1-18; Colossians 1:15-20; Hebrews 1:1-4; memorize John 1:14 and Mark 10:45.
- Read – Grudem, Bible Doctrine, chapters 14-16 (person, atonement, resurrection). If pressed for time, short version. For avid readers, long version.
- Review – Jesus’ Work handout.
- Write – your summary paragraph explaining Jesus’ person and work. Try to include important Scripture references.
Heart: LIVE LIKE JESUS, OBEDIENCE AND SURRENDER
- Read – Mark 14:32-42 about Jesus’ surrender to the Father’s will.
- Read – “Joyful Surrender: Christian Submission” in Seeking the Face of God by Gary Thomas.
- Watch – Follow Me Session 1 teaching by David Platt on the call to believe, follow, and obey.
Hands: LEAD LIKE JESUS, PRAYER AND SERVANT LEADERSHIP
- Review – Brandon’s portion of the session notes on Servant Leadership. Session Handout.
- Watch – Dann Spader teaching on Jesus’ prayer life on Youtube “Week 4: Praying as Jesus Prayed.” Review session handout.
- Write – how you will apply the ideas in this hands section and the heart section to your life and ministry.
For Further Study (optional)
- Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ by John Piper select chapters. Full book, link.
- “The Cost of Discipleship” in The Gospel According to Jesus by John MacArthur.
- Bible Study on Jesus.
- Bruce Ware teaching on Person of Christ and Work of Christ.
- Platt, Secret Church outline on Jesus “The Meaning of the Cross”
- The Man Christ Jesus by Bruce Ware.
- Praying the Bible resource page.
- Servant Leadership in workplace: The Servant by Hunter, Its My Pleasure by Turner, The Secret by Blanchard.
- Cost of Discipleship by Bonhoeffer.
- All Handouts & Readings